Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Started Knitting Again


After reading Erica's post on an amazing cowl she crocheted recently and finding myself browsing through knitting books in bookstores, I decided to pick up my knitting needles and give knitting a whirl. Why not crochet? For the simple reason that there weren't any crochet hooks stashed away in the back of a drawer at the place I'm staying. I feel lucky that there were knitting needles at all since the people I'm staying with right now don't knit. I've heard of some pretty hilarious attempts, though.

Inspired by Erica's cowl, I wanted to make one myself and started knitting a simple purl stitch, but found that the knitted portions curled- a lot. After a quick google search, I found that this was due to the stitch, so I undid everything I'd done and re-knitted this, with a simple pattern using just the purl stitch. Is it obvious that this is the only stitch I can manage?

I just finished knitting all the yarn I had, but hopefully I'll be able to show you a completed cowl soon.
Or I'll give up and turn it into a bag. I have a weird habit of turning everything into bags, like when I turned this part of my halloween costume into a pouch I now use to store charging cables when I travel or, more recently, this pencil pouch made out of a place mat.

Do you have any crafting habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment