Thursday, March 13, 2014

New Job, New Ring



I like to treat myself to a piece of jewelry or a scarf when I travel, to remember the lessons learned and the experiences I gained along the way. No, this is not a post about my travel jewelry collection. After a lot of reflection (of a lot of things), I started to pursue a position in the PR industry... and I'm really excited to report that I'm in the middle of my first week as an intern at a PR firm. Sure, most PR interns are much younger than I am, but if you haven't figured it out already, I'm not really one for traditional paths.

Regardless of the diversions that I took from the traditional path, I feel like I'm on the path that I'm meant to be on. And what's more, I don't think that I would be where I am today, if it hadn't been for all the fun detours I took along the way. 

Anyway, back to the ring. I made it a point to walk around during my breaks at my salon/spa job and frequently walked by a really cute little store in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. I'd been meaning to go in, but had never actually ventured in. With my schedule being cut down to one day a week, I decided that I should finally go in while it was still so nearby. There were far fewer rings in there than I'd hoped, but the ones that I saw were dainty and perfect... except that I was looking for a midi ring, not a full size ring. That's when the owner told me that they can actually custom make jewelry- and without any additional charges or even committing to purchase it.

Less than a week later, and just in time for my new position, I picked up my shiny new little accessory! Now, regardless of what path I take after this internship, I'll have a little momento of this chapter of my life. 

// Do you have any traditions of doing something before/after making a big change?

PS- turns out that she has an etsy shop! This is the ring here.

No comments:

Post a Comment